Are you trying to plan a fun day for the kids? Columbus offers several kid-friendly destinations that will have your children grinning from ear-to-ear! This article provides you with a few fun places to check out with the family!
1. Momi Land Indoor Playground is a great place for your children to get out their wild energy! With ball pits, slides, trampolines, toy cars, and more, your kiddos will have a blast running around in a clean and safe facility! There’s even an infant section for babies under 24 months. You don’t have to check the weather before heading to Momi Land- the indoor playground is open in rain or shine. Open play is available 7 days a week. Make a reservation online or walk in! (Walk-ins only on weekends)
2. Spend time with over 7,000 animals at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium! The zoo is divided into regions, each containing animals in that specific region of the world. Stop to see the wolverines in North America or cheetahs and giraffes in the heart of Africa! Not only do your kids get exercise by walking around, but they also learn about all the different and exotic animals in our world! Make sure to check out their website as they offer fun activities for kids throughout the year!
3. Who doesn’t love outdoor waterparks? Zoombezi Bay is the perfect summer destination! With 17 water slides, wave pool, and kid-friendly attractions like Baboon Lagoon, Zoombezi Bay entertains groups of all sizes, on all budgets! Slide down the park’s 6-lane mat racer at the Dolphin Dash or hang out at the Tiny Tides with your little ones! Need some adult time? Relax and unwind at the adults-only sandbar!
4. Have you checked out COSI yet?! Voted the #1 science museum for 3 years in a row, COSI is another place for indoor fun! This science center is entertaining for all ages! Get up and close with the dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Gallery, check out the life-sized recreations of Marvel characters, discover the culture of Cuba, become an astronaut and ride in a space capsule, let your inner scientist come out at the science park, let your kid’s imagination come alive in the Kid’s Playspace, enjoy live shows offered throughout the year, and SO much more! General admission tickets are available on their website.
5. The Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens offer numerous activities for all ages! Depending on the time of year you visit, they offer different exhibitions to enjoy. A variety of special events and activities are available throughout the year, as well as classes, workshops, and camps. Make sure to check their website for the latest information before heading over!